Send a Text Message on a channel.
Sends text to the current channel.
The following variables can be set:
SENDTEXT_FROM_DISPLAYNAME- If set and this channel supports enhanced messaging, this value will be used as the
SENDTEXT_TO_DISPLAYNAME- If set and this channel supports enhanced messaging, this value will be used as the
SENDTEXT_CONTENT_TYPE- If set and this channel supports enhanced messaging, this value will be used as the message
Content-Type. If not specified, the default of
text/plainwill be used.
Warning: Messages of types other than text/* cannot be sent via channel drivers that do not support Enhanced Messaging. An attempt to do so will be ignored and will result in the SENDTEXTSTATUS variable being set to UNSUPPORTED.
SENDTEXT_BODY- If set this value will be used as the message body and any text supplied as a function parameter will be ignored.
Result of transmission will be stored in the following variables:
- NONE - No message sent.
- BASIC - Message body sent without attributes because the channel driver doesn't support enhanced messaging.
- ENHANCED - The message was sent using enhanced messaging.
- SUCCESS - Transmission succeeded.
- FAILURE - Transmission failed.
- UNSUPPORTED - Text transmission not supported by channel.
If the channel driver supports enhanced messaging (currently only chan_pjsip), you can set additional variables:
This documentation was imported from Asterisk Version GIT-15-84c62330