This page and its sub-pages are intended to help an administrator configure the new SIP resources and channel driver included with Asterisk 12. The channel driver itself being chan_pjsip which depends on res_pjsip and its many associated modules. The res_pjsip module handles configuration, so we'll mostly speak in terms of configuring res_pjsip.
A variety of reference content is provided in the following sub-pages.
- If you are moving from the old channel driver, then look at Migrating from chan_sip to res_pjsip.
- For basic config examples look at res_pjsip Configuration Examples.
- For detailed explanation of the res_pjsip config file go to PJSIP Configuration Sections and Relationships.
- You can also find info on Dialing PJSIP Channels.
- Maybe you're migrating to IPv6 and need to learn about Configuring res_pjsip for IPv6
Before You Configure
This page assumes certain knowledge, or that you have completed a few prerequisites.
- You have installed pjproject, a dependency for res_pjsip.
- You have Installed Asterisk including the res_pjsip and chan_pjsip modules and their dependencies.
- You understand basic Asterisk concepts. Including the role of extensions.conf (dialplan) in your overall Asterisk configuration.
If you like to figure out things as you go; here's a few quick steps to get you started.
- Understand that res_pjsip is configured through pjsip.conf. This is where you'll be configuring everything related to your inbound or outbound SIP accounts and endpoints.
- Look at the res_pjsip Configuration Examples section. Grab the example most appropriate to your goal and use that to replace your pjsip.conf.
- Reference documentation for all configuration parameters is available on the wiki:
- You'll need to tweak details in pjsip.conf and on your SIP device (for example IP addresses and authentication credentials) to get it working with Asterisk.
Refer back to the config documentation on the wiki or the sample pjsip.conf if you get confused.
Page: PJSIP Configuration Sections and Relationships Page: res_pjsip Configuration Examples Page: Migrating from chan_sip to res_pjsip Page: Dialing PJSIP Channels Page: Configuring res_pjsip to work through NAT Page: Setting up PJSIP Realtime Page: Exchanging Device and Mailbox State Using PJSIP Page: Configuring res_pjsip for Presence Subscriptions Page: Resource List Subscriptions (RLS) Page: Configuring Outbound Registrations Page: Asterisk PJSIP Troubleshooting Guide Page: res_pjsip Remote Attended Transfers Page: PJSIP Transport Selection Page: PJSIP Configuration Wizard Page: Configuring res_pjsip for IPv6 Page: Publishing Extension State Page: PJSIP with Proxies Page: PJSIP Advanced Codec Negotiation