One popular option for installing Asterisk is to download the source code and compile it yourself. While this isn't as easy as using package management or using an Asterisk-based Linux distribution, it does let you decide how Asterisk gets built, and which Asterisk modules are built.
In this section, you'll learn how to download and compile the Asterisk source code, and get Asterisk installed.
- What to Download?
- Untarring the Source
- Building and Installing DAHDI
- Building and Installing LibPRI
- Checking Asterisk Requirements
- Using Menuselect to Select Asterisk Options
- Building and Installing Asterisk
- Installing Sample Files
- Installing Initialization Scripts
- Validating Your Installation
- Exploring Sound Prompts