Once configured these features can be activated with only a few or even one keypress on a user's phone. They are often called "one-touch" or "one-step" features.
All of the features are configured via options in the featuremap section of features.conf and require arguments to be passed to the applications invoking the target channel.
- automon - (One-touch Recording) Asterisk will invoke Monitor on the current channel.
- automixmon - (One-touch Recording) Has the same behavior as automon, but uses MixMonitor instead of Monitor.
- disconnect - (One-touch Disconnect) When this code is detected on a channel that channel will be immediately hung up.
- parkcall - (One-touch Parking) Sets a feature code for quickly parking a call.
- Most parking options and behavior are configured in res_parking.conf in Asterisk 12 and newer.
Enabling the Features
Configuration of features.conf
The options are configured in features.conf in the featuremap section. They use typical Asterisk configuration file syntax.
Assign each option the DTMF character string that you want users to enter for invoking the feature.
Dialplan application options
- W - Allow the calling party to enable recording of the call.
- w - Allow the called party to enable recording of the call.
- X - Allow the calling party to enable recording of the call.
- x - Allow the called party to enable recording of the call.
- H - Allow the calling party to hang up the channel.
h- Allow the called party to hang up the channel.
K- Allow the calling party to enable parking of the call.
k- Allow the called party to enable parking of the call.
Set the option as you would any application option.
This would allow the calling party, the party dialing PJSIP/ALICE, to invoke recording on the channel.
Using the Feature
One you have configured features.conf and the options in the application then you only have to enter the feature code on your phone's keypad during a call!