The following are all required for PLC to be used:
- Enable genericplc in the plc section of codecs.conf
- If PLC is desired when two channels use the same codec, enable genericplc_on_equal_codecs in the plc section of codecs.conf. This forces transcoding via slin.
- Enable (and potentially force) jitter buffers on channels
- Two channels must be bridged together for PLC to be used (no Meetme or one-legged calls)
- The audio must be translated between the two channels and must have slin as a step in the translation process.