The dial plan includes settings that specify the behavior of the phone as a user enters a number in off-hook dialing mode.
When a number matches a pattern, the number is sent to Asterisk to place the call. The pattern may include a timer at the end. If no numbers are entered before the time expires, the number matching the pattern will be sent. If additional numbers are entered before the time elapses, the pattern no longer matches.
The syntax of a digit map is:
The following example assumes the following dials will be completed:
- Dial four digit extensions from 0000-8999 after the default timeout.
- Dial 911 immediately
- Dial 9911 immediately
- Dial 411 immediately
- Dial 611 immediately
- Dial numbers beginning with 011 followed by at least 4 more digits after a delay of 3 seconds.
- Dial numbers beginning with 1 followed by 10 digits immediately
- Dial numbers beginning with 2-9 followed by 6 digits immediately
- Dial a star followed by a two digits after a delay of 3 seconds.