Phone Firmware Downloads
Digium Phone firmware releases are made available in tarballs at the following download location:
The releases are numbered in the format:
Each tarball contains three .eff firmware files, one for each Digium phone model, as well as a digium_phones_firmware.conf configuration file, for use with older DPMA and AsteriskNOW installations.
Firmware Releases and Changes
- Issues Resolved:
- Improve consistency of ringtone playback on state change of watched phones
- Phone properly answers second incoming call with line key press
- New Features:
- The Contacts application has been improved to support actions, display rules, and to provide additional information about user presence
- Rapid Dial keys have been enhanced with support for Smart BLF
- Presence and Device Subscriptions are now configurable rather than limited to 40
- UDP Keep-alive CRLF option for dealing with zealous NAT routers
- The phone now accommodates certain Cisco switches and 'switchport mode trunk', a setting that could take a long time to negotiate the link with the Digium phones. This extra delay prevented the phone from acquiring LLDP-MED information.
- Phone now looks at additional packets from the switch until it receives all the LLDP-MED settings. This accommodates certain Cisco switches (eg. Cisco SG500X) that do not send all the LLDP-MED policy settings on the first packet to the phone.
- Phone now sends an LLDP packet with TTL of zero, to clear the cache on the switch so that it responds with the proper LLDP-MED settings.
- Issues Resolved:
- When you adjust the call volume using the volume bar when using the handset, now the volume for the next call is reset to the default volume after you hang up.
- Translations have been corrected for "reset volume" and "updating firmware" in French, and "Info" in Spanish.
- To improve display, phone software was adjusted so account and voicemail lines on the Line Info screen only splits when line length exceeds the display width.
- Text displays for Portuguese (PT) and Dutch (NL) languages now align properly.
- Voicemail Message Playback in the Voicemail app will not stop if the listener switches from the handset to the speaker then back to the handset.
- Local contacts are no longer lost when firmware is updated via the phone's web interface.
- New Features:
- PC Port Mode and LAN Port Mode, which set the speed and duplex mode for LAN and PC Ports. These default to Auto, which lets the switch determine the speed.
- PC Port VLAN settings, which set the VLAN ID and priority for the PC that is plugged into the phone. The default is to not send VLAN information to the PC. Having these specific settings ensures that active calls are not interrupted by changes to the PC.
- Phone's LLDP-MED broadcast no longer contains a power over ethernet requirement. Broadcasting that requirement caused Digium D70 phones to continually restart when connected to a particular network switch running a particular firmware version.
- Voicemail playback keys no longer reset under certain circumstances
- The terms of the End-User License Agreement For Digium Phone Software and Digium Phones have changed. Please review them as use of this firmware constitutes acceptance of the Agreement. The EULA can be viewed directly on your phone by visiting http://\[phone_ip_address\]/licensing
- App Development Mode helps a developer write custom apps. For information about writing custom apps for your Digium Phones, visit the Digium Phone API Information Center site and Custom Phone Applications with Asterisk wiki page.
- A selection of language/locales is now available, including Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, and Dutch. This selection affects the language displayed on the phone, the date and time display, and these tones: busy, dial tone, call-waiting beep, congestion (fast busy), and ringback. Also, you can select a 12-or 24-hour clock.
- Additional QoS settings provide more networking options.
- A new Electronic Hook Switch option lets you specify a Jabra IQ or Plantronics headset for EHS.
- Phones can now be restarted by holding down multiple keys (7,5,3) simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- LLDP with voice-signaling enabled is now managed correctly across all phone models (QoS settings have also changed).
- Screenshots may be obtained from a phone by browsing to http://[phone ip]/cgi-bin/screen_shot?screen=main (all models) or http://[phone ip]/cgi-bin/screen_shot?screen=blf (D70 only)
- All configuration changes now cause a restart only if necessary, and the restart is delayed until there are no active calls.
- Incoming calls can now be directly transferred (without answering) using one of the rapid dial keys without problems.
- Active calls that are assisted transferred under particular circumstances no longer cause the screen to freeze.
- Phones now connect properly when LLDP is used and configured with voice and voice-signaling LLDP-MED network policy.
- When a phone is starting, during steps 2 through 7, pressing *86 restores the phone to factory defaults.
- The phone no longer restarts when a rapid dial key is pressed that has a contact with no phone number.
- Searching Contacts now ignores special characters (for example, pressing 663455 finds contacts named O'Neill).
- Reset to Factory Defaults now consistently resets the phone's Admin password to 789.
- Volume levels have been slightly adjusted for the headset and handset.
- Phones failover to the specified Alternate PBX Address if the primary PBX is not available.
- EHS can be used with a Plantronic wireless headset
- A Select Network tool lets you choose one of your Phone Networks, if necessary.
- Phones check for SRV records in DNS.
- Phones adjusted to extract alert-info elements from angle brackets.
- Phones adjusted to transfer contacts, ringtones, and logos properly from ftp(s) hosts.
- Phones adjusted to clear static IP settings after reconfigure attempts.
- Phones adjusted so that DTMF tones are sent before a 200 OK is received.
- The phone's web UI no longer incorrectly allows access with the default password, if in certain circumstances the application engine fails.
- The phone now correctly rings audibly when handset answering mode is changed from yes to no.
- Phones using DHCP on a VLAN no longer incorrectly restart because of a reported IP address change.
Released for Asterisk users; includes 1_0_4_45906 changes.
- The phone now reboots when it detects that it's on a different network, and is idle.
- The phone now assigns the VLAN QoS priority to RTP.
- The "Reset Volume After Each Call" now behaves correctly under circumstances that previously caused the handset volume to be 0.
Not released for Asterisk users.
- With the phone offhook, pressing another line key now correctly switches to that line.
- The Msgs button now behaves correctly while the phone is offhook.
- The call-waiting tone now plays every 10 seconds (instead of just once).
- Adding a call log item as a contact now behaves correctly after canceling out of that process.
- Large call logs now load more quickly.
- The phone no longer rings when a ring rule specifies visual-only.
- The phone now plays the netbusy tone when you dial an invalid extension (503 service unavailable).
- Local settings are now deleted when the phone is reconfigured by a server (Digium Configuration Server, or Fetch Configuration File).
- Network Utilities now includes a list of mDNS services found by the phone.