|Table of Contents|
Digium invites developers who are interested in the future of Asterisk to join us at AstriDevCon on Tuesday, October 9th, 2018.
The lunch this year will be sponsored by E4 Strategies. Many thanks to them for doing it again this year!
Event day schedule
AstriDevCon is a mix of open and focused discussion all on topics within the realm of Asterisk development, primarily regarding current concerns that Asterisk faces and how to improve Asterisk for the future.
Starting at 9AM
Lunch will be served from 12:00 to 1:00 outside the ballroom commons (across from the International Ballrooms)
Event ends this year at 3 PM. (This year only, hopefully all will be back to normal next year)
We'll build a rough agenda together in the morning.
- Presentation by George Joseph and Kevin Harwell about performance improvements in 16 - 30 min
- Presentation by Ben Ford about video improvements in 16 - 30 min
- Lunch 12 -1
- Have discussion about proposing that chan_sip be marked deprecated
- Discuss how Sangoma's acquisition of Digium affects the future of Asterisk
- Opportunistic DTLS
- Discuss deprecation/removal of res_monitor
- Making it easier to send audio to/from Amazon, Google, IBM (especially in context of speech recognition)
- Getting access to end of call statistics (regardless of who hangs up first)
- Getting rid of extensions.conf for ARI applications
- Discussion around having Asterisk and some message queue/bus (like RabbitMQ) talk directly to each other
- Some kind of integrated functionality that takes what ARIProxy does and marry it with parts of Asterisk
- Can we have multiple websocket connections to the same ARI application (for better redundancy)
- Discussion around removal of macro functionality
- res_xmpp/chan_motif should they remain core supported (due to dependency on unmaintained libraries)
- Alexander wants to talk about RTCP/media-interaction with audio codecs
- Josh Elson wants to talk about task processor architecture limitations
- Josh Elson wants to talk about challenges with 50,000 sparsely registering endpoint
- Give Igor some time to talk about improvements for various applications in how you interact with multiple media streams.
Details on the hotel and location of AstriCon 2018 can be found at the Asterisk project website.
What To Bring
While the room should have plenty of power strips and extension cords; being well prepared with a power adapter and a short extension cord is always a good idea.
If you are giving a presentation then be sure to bring any cables you might need to connect to a projector.
Registering for AstriDevCon
An e-mail will be sent to you if your registration is accepted. Acceptance decisions will be made no later than September 10th, 2018. Registration requests made after that date will still be considered, but are subject to rejection if room is not available.
SIP URI: sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
Stream: Available at
We'll be using IRC during the AstriDevCon for out of band discussion, and may be taking some questions or participation from the channel. Keep in mind that it is hard to have a synchronous conversation between those present and speaking and those in the channel, so don't take it too hard if your question doesn't get brought up from the channel. We'll do our best.
Previous AstriDevCon events
See the below sections for notes and content from previous AstriDevCon events.