This page documents:
- Asterisk's various Git repositories, and their intended purposes.
- Policies for using Git and Gerrit with Asterisk.
Asterisk uses Gerrit as its primary repository and for for code review. Users who are looking to clone or contribute patches back to Asterisk should work the repositories on Gerrit. Please see the Gerrit Usage documentation for more information.
The repositories on https://git.asterisk.org mirror the repositories on Gerrit, and provide source tree browsing.
The repositories on GitHub mirror the repositories on Gerrit, also provide source tree browsing, and exist because of GitHub's popularity.
Pull requests on GitHub WILL be ignored.
Anyone may clone repositories from Gerrit anonymously.
Users may participate in code reviews or contribute patches if they have signed a Contributor License Agreement. Access to Gerrit is performed using your JIRA (Atlassian) username/password. You may create an account at https://signup.asterisk.org, and sign a CLA in JIRA. Note that you will not be able to log into Gerrit if a CLA is not associated with your JIRA account.
- Code Review Approving
-2should only be used if the current implementation requires a complete rewrite to be acceptable, or if the change should not be made under any implementation.
+2should not be given unless someone has already given the review a
- Users who provide a
+2should not provide it to a change that they provided the
- Please read the Asterisk project Coding Guidelines prior to submitting patches. When performing code reviews, please refer to the Code Review Checklist.
Please use the
git review, specifying the ASTERISK issue the change should be associated with:
This helps to tie Gerrit reviews to the JIRA issue that necessitated the change.
- All branches that require the change should have the change cherry-picked to that branch, and submitted for review. See Software Configuration Management Policies for which patch types are appropriate for what branches. See Gerrit Usage for instructions on cherry-picking.
- The same Gerrit
Change Idmust be present in all cherry-picked commits.
- The same topic (ASTERISK issue) must be used in all reviews.
- Test Suite test reviews should use the same topic (ASTERISK issue) as the code change reviews.